Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Officially Home-less Now and Feeling Lighter

Some people think the number 13 is unlucky.  I am not superstitious, but I will always remember 2013 as the year of big changes   We sold our house in Vegas in May for less than we paid for it in 1993 and moved into a small house that we are renting rom a friend.  On November 13, we closed on our home in Denver, got no money out of it, put our stuff in a trailer for storage, and are now officially home-less. 

Why do I feel so good, then?  I am convinced that I am not alone in feeling weighted down by too much clutter, too many things, too much maintenance, and too many things on my to-do list.  You don't have to give up your home to feel lighter.  It's a decision that can just be made.  As Abraham Lincoln said, "People are about as happy as they make up their mind to be." 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment