Friday, December 13, 2013

The Hill to Climb is a Lot Bigger Than I Knew

I may be talking to the wind, but a couple of weeks ago, I talked to the clinic where I plan to have this treatment.  I had gotten information about the treatment and costs from my health practitioner and talked with the doctor in charge a couple of times who, of course, was not in touch with administrative procedures by the front office.

The bottom line is that my $42,000 goal is WAY too small.  I was told I need a war chest of $100,000 before I head to the clinic.  The 4-day treatment for $32,000 is the beginning, basic, required, expected initiation.  After that, the individual's personal circumstances and internal health and cancer status dictate the number of additional days needed at the clinic.  The average patient gets treatment 9-10 days, with each additional day beyond day 4 costing $5,000.  That adds $25-30K to the basic $32K before anything else gets done.  Some people have had to stay even longer.  One man was there for 22 total days!

Furthermore, the first 2 days at the clinic are not part of the treatment during which a port is inserted and a current PetScan taken at an additional cost of $8-10K depending on the vendor.  Then there are blood tests for days beyond the first 4 and during the first year of follow-up to make certain the cancer is gone that builds the total higher.  The sublingual capsules of the intravenous product cost $1,400/month and a minimum of 4 months must be budgeted.  Finally, an immune system test before clinic departure which costs $4,000 is mandatory and the suggested protocols for immune system boosting make the monetary need even higher.  Travel and food costs are additional.

I went through the items one by one with the staff there and it was indeed perilously close to $100,000 for a 9-10 day stay and the first year of testing and support beyond the clinical treatment.  When I shared the information with my health practitioner, she was floored and surprised, too.  Information is power, isn't it?

Rather than staying discouraged very long, I realized that, while the hill is a lot higher than I understood initially, I don't need a lot of wealthy people supporting my project.  It only takes 100,000 people contributing $1 to get there.  Or 20,000 people chipping in $5.  Or 10,000 people letting go of $10 and getting the book.  Or 4,000 people with $25.  Or 2,500 people with $40.  You get the drift.  Now I am just on a mission to find enough bloggers to write about me so the message can get out.  I know people out there are interested in learning about ways to handle a dreadful disease without compromising their body. 

Join me in getting the message out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment